Monday, August 15, 2011

Auto Insurance Question?

I was in a auto accident on December 4th of this year. I was not the driver, my uncle was, and it was his fault. I am almost 27 years old and married, I am renting a home with my parents, all of our names are on the lease. I sustained a back injury due to the accident. I told the agent that all I wanted was my medical bills & prescriptions to be covered. He said alright and that a bodily injury adjuster would be in contact with me and to give any bills & other things that come in to my uncle, which I have. I got a call from the agent the other day and he said he needed my parents auto insurance information since i am a non driver, that apparently my parents insurance that doesn't cover me at all has to cover my medical bills. Is this right or is this insurance company trying to screw me over. I am not legally my parents responsibility and I explained that to this guy, but he keeps telling me that they aren't paying my bills that my parents insurance has to cover me cause I live in a house with them. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment