Sunday, August 14, 2011

WHITE PEOPLE I WANT YOU HONEST AND OPEN! ?

I don't really consider myself "white" but I look similar to white people. I'm actually mediterranean, black people had the right to vote before my people did. I have been a black activist since the 5th grade when I learned about racism. Before that, most of my friends were black, and I honestly had no idea that skin color had any singnificance. Anyway, in 5th grade, we read a book about MLK jr and I started crying in cl. I was so disgusted and shocked over what I had read. I frequently piss people off by challenging their racist comments, and I absolutely HATE the N word. No one should say that word, its sick. As far as how I feel about blacks.... I feel like they are no different than me, or you or anyone (biologically). Sociologically and Psychologically, of course they would be different because of their environment. Black people have had SO many forces against them and STILL do. Yes, we have a half-black president-elect, but we are still not all the way there. Ok I think I rambled enough lol but I have plenty more to say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment