Monday, August 8, 2011

Is my wine a duffer? Or does it sound ok?

I have stumbled into a home made wine making kit and just thought, hmm, I can guess how this works and just tried giving it a go (stupid I know). I Mixed fruit juice with water and suger and heated. I then poored this into 1, a gl gallon bottle, let it cool and added yeast, and 2, a mive barrel container (with similar process). Barrel was a screw top so I left it a tiny little bit un-done to let the gas out, and the gl bottle had a trap on it. They both bubbled away quite well for quite a period. I waited until they stopped about a month (maybe even two) or so later. Looks very pink, have tasted and just tastes a litle tart. Smells like Alchol I think. So I've poped them into clean old screw cap wine bottles. As I pored they seemed to fizz a little. Now....did I miss a phase out, is it going to be bad? Will it actually have any alchol in? What should I look out for, and should I not risk sealing due to the fizz? Have I done it all wrong? Hahaha I'm sure i can use it on unwanted guests if needs be, mind you i'm going to have to store about 40 bottles of the stuff. Any advise other than "chuck it, and learn how to make wine" would be most welcome. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment